SciTech Academy is ReNEW's flagship facility for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) programs. Bringing science and technology into the PK-8 classrooms allows our students to access top-notch programs, opportunities, and resources. Recent partnerships with Chevron have brought innovative, unique science and engineering programs to SciTech Academy. Our robotics team, the SciTech Bolts, has won regional competitions and qualified for the World Championships.
Special Education Progam
SciTech Athletics Mission
We strive to help our student-athletes be champions in the classroom first, using the opportunity for athletic competition as a motivator for academic effort and success, as well as providing the necessary academic structures and supports as part of our daily sports programming. On the athletic field, we strive to become champions by first ensuring the health and safety of our student-athletes at all times, as well as providing quality coaching, skill-building, and increased opportunity for competition within an environment that prioritizes teamwork and sportsmanship.
- 5-6th Grade Flag Football
- 7-8th Grade Tackle Football
- 5-8th Grade Girls Volleyball
- 5-6th Girls Basketball
- 7-8th Girls Basketball
- 5-6th Boys Basketball
- 7-8th Boys Basketball
- 5-8th Grade Co-Ed Track & Field
- 5-8th Grade Girls Softball
- 5-8th Grade Boys Baseball
- 3-8th Grade Band - Practices take place daily at RCAA
- 5-8th Grade Youth Run Nola
- 3-8th Grade Dance Team
All athletic teams compete in the New Orleans Charter School Athletic Association (NOCSAA) (with the exception of our tackle football team) who creates an independent schedule of charter schools and catholic schools.
All athletic teams start with 30 minutes of team study table/hw help before practice each day.
We provide door-to-door busing home for all student-athletes from practices and games (including p/u's for weekend games).
- 2014 Girls Volleyball NOCSAA 3rd Place
- 2014 Boys Tackle Football Charter Schools Playoffs 2nd Place
- 2014 Girls Basketball NOCSAA 2nd Place
- 2014 Girls Basketball Renew Tournament Champions
- 2014 Girls Basketball First-Line Tournament 2nd Place
- 2014-15 Boys Basketball NOCSAA League Champions
- 2014-15 Boys Basketball Renew Tournament Champions
- 2014-15 Boys Basketball Country Day Tournament 2nd Place
- 2015 Boys Varsity Track NOCSAA Champions
- 2015 Girls JV Track NOCSAA 2nd Place
- 2015 Girls Softball NOCSAA 3rd Place
- 2015 Girls Volleyball NOCSAA 2nd Place
- 2015 Boys Tackle Football Charter Schools Playoffs 2nd Place
Pre-K - 2nd Grade
All students attend P.E. each day. PK-2 sports focuses on introducing students to the concepts of teamwork and sportsmanship through fun and creative games, traditional sports, and team building exercises. Students also experience health, nutrition, and life skills components indoors on select days.
3rd - 8th Grade
Students rotate electives on a semester basis between STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and Sports. 3-8th grade Sports classes focus on fostering teamwork and sportsmanship through skill-building and competition in traditional sports (football, basketball, volleyball, etc.). Students also experience health, nutrition, and life skills components indoors on select days.